From: Carla and Joe Devine <c.j.devine-at-sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Hello all [TANKS]
Date: Tue, 01 Nov 2005 16:18:25 -0800

Hello,

  I am new here, and I like what I see here. My son and I have decided to
build a Valentine XI. and we have a few questions on the electrical stuff.
Is it possible to add channels to a tx/rx? If so, could some one help a
fellow out? On the motor controlers, how does one switch the FWW motor to
the alternate windings w/o letting out the magic smoke ie.. half forward
stick to get things moving then full fwd stk to get faster speed from
motor? Amp Hour ratings, what do you suggest? I can get 12ah - 24ar
batteries, as usual size and cost increase with amp hour rating.  Hull
material, will this work? I plan on usein 1/8 luan (that stuff they use on
hollow core doors) with a fiber cloth layer on the inside as well as out,
same stuff for bulkheads and turret, ect.. And 1/4 or 1/5 for the floor of
the hull. Construction is straight forward using a method called tack and
tape then draping cloth over the halves first inside then out. When cured
trim, fit, and paint. I am sure I can get more info by scanning the
archives. But thats it for now.

thanks every one

Joe "ain't gott'a clue" Devine

Please note our new address: c.j.devine-at-sbcglobal.net