From: Justin <justinv-at-iinet.net.au>
Subject: Re: Radio woes [TANKS]
Date: Sun, 02 Oct 2005 22:27:26 +1000

> What scale would all this stuff be?, 1/6 is WAY to big for ships.

Well maybe not ships, 1/6 scale would be fantastic.

> What guns would they use bb or paintball?? If you use paintball, the
> tanks need to be at least 1/8 scale, still to big for ships. But I do
> agree it would be extremerly cool.

Whatever they use has to be very entertaining , something that leaves a
mark like paintball but also makes a loud noise when fired and on
contact. But it shouldn't destroy your model! Maybe a combustion cannon
firing a round of exploding paintball...yeh that'll do it! Thats kinda
why you have onboard cameras so you can keep an eye on your model  from
afar, you don't want to be close by when the battle is taking place.
Have two teams (naturally), each team is set up with thier video
displays and control gear in their own building. I'd say 5 to 10 acres
of battleground with wireless access points scattered throughout, maybe
one in the middle and one half way between the middle and each corner.
Make the terrain diverse, add some hills, shrubs, model buildings, dams,
swamps and even some smoke to add some realism.

gees is that the time!