From: Frank Pittelli <frank-at-rctankcombat.com>
Subject: Re: With great power comes great responsibility [TANKS]
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2005 23:53:37 -0400

Steve Tyng wrote:
> I suspect another factor contributing to the extended run time is the
> fact that my new track system is not tensioned as with the TTS on the
> T34.  There is much less friction with the new setup.

And let's not forget that we were battling on a pool table!!
All of the vehicles consumed less battery power during the Monkton battles.

I also think that Steve's PWM speed control helped reduce the extremely
high current draws seen when starting the vehicle with relays, which
helps the batteries alot.

And, the Cromwell had much better cooling fans than the T-34, which lets
the motors work at more efficient levels of operation.

I do agree with Steve that the EVs are more efficient at 24 volts, when
geared properly or operated by a PWM speed control, but lots of other
variables contributed to his better battery usage as well.

        Frank "Lots of variables to keep track of" Pittelli