From: "Steve Tyng" <SteveT44-at-comcast.net>
Subject: RE: With great power comes great responsibility [TANKS]
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2005 23:44:15 -0400

Title:
Kurt wrote:

> Great job....How often did you need to change batteries????

That was the surprising part.  A set of two 18 amphr batteries easily lasted an entire one hour battle.  In comparison, the T34 running at 12 volts can burn through three or four of the same batteries in an hour.   Beginning voltage on each set was 26.5 and ending voltages were 24.5, well above the 22 volts (11v per battery) minimum before battery damage.  It would seem that the EV Warriors are much more efficient running at 24 volts.

I suspect another factor contributing to the extended run time is the fact that my new track system is not tensioned as with the TTS on the T34.  There is much less friction with the new setup.

Steve Tyng