From: OdysseySlipways-at-aol.com
Subject: Re: roller chain question [TANKS]
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2005 23:12:47 EDT

>Some places make hollow pin bicycle chain that is more reasonable. I've been
>wondering how tough it would be to make your own attachments for this type
>of chain.

Doug, who makes this type of chain as I have drawn up some simple tracks that could be used with this kind of chain that can be made from resin. My thought was to make the tracks with 4 holes in them (2 on each end) for attachment to the links (kinda looking like an older US tank where they where linked to one another on the outer edges). The tracks could be made to have steel inserts in them to be partly exposed as traction cleats or possibly even rubber pads.

I'd rather use the hollow pin chain and metal sprockets that the resin cast tracks and sprocket I was thinking of (would be a bit cheaper for me, but I'd still try casting them later anyway just to see if it could be done)

Chris,
Odyssey Slipways