From: "Marc en Wendy" <marcmethorst-at-zonnet.nl>
Subject: Re: About my battery setup ... [TANKS]
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 17:47:34 +0200

Frank wrote:

> (1) Counter-balance the gun.

A piece of bungee cord was placed between the marker back end and the hull
floor because the barrel part was the heavy part of the cannon, but this
might even worsen the problem now that I think of it. Every downward
movement is followed by a bungee cord enforced upward movement. Will try to
add some weight to the end of the barrel.

> (2) Adjust the servo so it isn't hitting hard limits at either end

I set the end point adjustment correct so thats OK

> Driving a servo at 12volts is dicey ... may work, may fry.
>
> We've been running receivers and servos at 7.2v for over a decade without
> any problem.  It makes the servos more powerful and you can use stock
> Nicad packs.  If you want to use your main batteries as a servo supply,
> you should get a simple voltage regulator circuit or BEC and drop the
> voltage down to 7.2v or 6v.

I'd like to keep the main battery 'clean'. I guess 12 V is a bit much for
the servo, I might need to find a spot to hide a 7,2 V pack.

Thanks for the tips.

Marc