From: "jon s kowitz" <jonskowitz-at-hotmail.com>
Subject: RE: First bench test of MK2 TTS [TANKS]
Date: Fri, 05 Aug 2005 02:56:42 +0000

Sounds like my first experiences with tracks.  I caused more damage to my
guide teeth in thrown track before I scrapped the springs that were holding
track tension and installed a turn-buckle and seat-spring tensioner.  My
maneuverability is limited only by engine torque now (which, while
suffieciant, is hardley gonna impress anyone).  Using a drive sprocket
instead of a friction wheel is key, you can get by on less tension which
lowers the amount of friction generated by all of the track and suspension
componants (still need to fine tune my tension to find the right balance
between keeping the track on and minimizing unnecisary friction).

>I had in the end got enough tension to bend the sides if the top is not
>on and the whole thing creaks like a sailing ship.
>
>Paul ' add the tension ' Needham

All I gotta say is "Phear the steel frame!"