From: "Steve Tyng" <STyng-at-ACPTrust.com>
Subject: RE: question about batteries.... [TANKS]
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2005 08:45:44 -0400

Ben,

My first tank, the T34 (T005), was wired for 12volts and carried a single 18AH SLA.  I'd go through three batteries in one hour of battling.  The current tank under construction will be wired for 24volts and will carry two 18AH SLA's wired in series.  Don't know what the run time will be yet but I think I'll need three sets (6 batteries) for a days battling.  Joe's Hetzer is wired for 24volts with two 18AH SLA's and I think he gets an hours run time with that setup (smaller motors, lighter tank).

Whatever you get I suggest you invest in some smart chargers (cuts to trickle charge when fully charged).  A battery left accidentally all night on a regular car battery charger will ruin it in no time.

Steve Tyng

Subject: question about batteries.... [TANKS]
Hey,

A general question as well as one directed at "Slammer 6". Firstly, what sort of batteries are people using and what sort of run time are most people looking at?

specifically for Bart Salmons; Im looking at the same motors as you are, (the MY1016) 24volt, 350Watt (x 2), what sort of gear reduction (if any) and what sort of batteries are you using?

Ben "thanks once again" Kropp