From: "WJ" <WJ-at-vdtogt.nl>
Subject: Re: wheel chair motors [TANKS]
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2005 11:21:10 +0200 (CEST)

Well,
I can't tell you about the American market, but from what I heard:
There is NO secondhand market for electric wheelchairs.  In the
Netherlands we have a healthcare system that makes sure anyone needing a
wheelchair gets a new one, no risks are taking concerning people getting
stranded etc.

Thus getting second-hand parts is relatively easy, and much cheaper then
expected!  I bought a bunch at around 25EUR each (if I remember
correctly), which should be around 35$?

I have connected these motors rated at 24V to the Anvil controller with
success, but so far I only tested it at 12V.

Regards,
WJ