From: adt22-at-drexel.edu
Subject: wheel chair motors [TANKS]
Date: Mon, 01 Aug 2005 19:07:08 -0400

just testing out my email signature.  biggest middle name EVER (and last name too).

Amir "Does anyone know Amp draw range for wheel chair motors?  I think someone
recently said it was ~80 amps.  Even if the motors cost $100 each its still probably
cheaper than anything requiring a ~9:1 reduction.  But what about the motor
controllers. Other than $500 Vantec stuff and Steve's latest set up, what options
are there for wheel chair controllers?  How easy/cheap is it to acquire/interface
with the controller from the actual wheelchair?  How viable is a 'doubled/tripled'
up Tri-pact controller?  (Or are there 80 amp relays to be gotten on the cheap?)"
Tahvildaran