From: "paul needham" <paul.2.needham-at-btconnect.com>
Subject: RE: First bench test of MK2 TTS [TANKS]
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2005 13:38:53 +0100

Bart

Ideas yes ... You aint experienced TTS until you have tried to get it to
drive.

My Hetzer was tensioned up as much as I dare and it could drive on
concrete and turn ok.
Got onto mowed grass [ short ] would go in a straight line but not turn
..answer more tension!.
Got onto short grass [ 1 - 2 ]inches would go in a straight line but not
turn ..answer more tension!!.
Got onto long grass would go in a straight line but not turn ..answer no
not more tension <grin> insufficient power in the KCMS so now needs more
power.

I had in the end got enough tension to bend the sides if the top is not
on and the whole thing creaks like a sailing ship.

Paul ' add the tension ' Needham