From: "Steve Tyng" <SteveT44-at-comcast.net>
Subject: RE: First bench test of MK2 TTS [TANKS]
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2005 06:35:26 -0400

Frank wrote:

> Even at a range of 10 ft (almost a guaranteed hit if the gun is working
> and simply aimed level), the Cromwell will have to be moving at about 20
> feet per second or about 13.5 MPH to outflank the spinning Tiger.

Admittedly my initial speed estimates are for top end road speed.  What I
haven't admitted yet is that the speed estimate was at my MAXIMUM
transmission reduction of 9 to 1.  If you may recall, my second generation
Tyng Tech trannys are setup for easy ratio changes.  That 13.5 MPH
battlefield speed may yet be achievable!   ;-)

> Oh, and when you catch too much air going over some bumps and roll that
> Cromwell a couple times before coming to rest in a ditch ...

I guess I'll have to get to work on that roll bar...

   Steve "Mobile Firepower" Tyng