From: Joe Sommer <anvilus9-at-adelphia.net>
Subject: EV Warrior replacements [TANKS]
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2005 07:47:18 -0500

Kurt,

At 08:49 AM 2/3/2005 -0800, "KURT GUTBRODT" <showa1-at-msn.com> wrote:
>Thanks Joe....By the way, what's the scoop on the secret MAG EV-X motors???

MAG tankers prefer EV Warrior (EVW) motors with
9:1 reduction.

Unfortunately for new guys, EVW's are very hard to find.

Over the weekend, I tested four motors -

a 24V 300W scooter motor from Ebay (model MY1016)
an EV-X from Surplus Center (item #10-1646) www.surpluscenter.com
a CW EVW
a CCW EVW

My stall torque results for the EVW's do not match
results at www.robotmarketplace.com because my
batteries and wiring could not produce 200A.  Stall torque
for the CCW EVW is lower because I could only
test stall torque CW.

Bottom line -
24V 300W scooter motors with 12:1 reduction
or EV-X with 9:1 reduction are excellent
replacements for EVW's with 9:1 reduction.

Detailed test results follow.

Joe

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

300W 24V scooter motor (MY-1016)
4 inch DIA body, four mounting feet with M6 threaded holes
reversible, two motor leads not connected to case
supplied with 11T sprocket for #25 chain
weight 4.2 lb

12 VDC - test data
1830 rpm CW at 0.8 A
1730 rpm CCW at 0.7 A
27 in.lbf CW stall torque at 47 A

24 VDC - test data
3600 rpm CW at 1.0 A
3480 rpm CCW at 0.9 A
36 in.lbf CW stall torque at 78 A

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

EV-X
4.4 inch DIA body, three mounting lugs
reversible, three motor leads
weight 4.6 lb

12 VDC - test data
2380 rpm CW at 2.4 A
2350 rpm CCW at 2.3 A
24 in.lbf CW stall torque at 60 A

24 VDC - test data
4860 rpm CW at 3.1 A
4760 rpm CCW at 2.8 A
38 in.lbf CW stall torque at 96 A

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

EVW CW
4 inch DIA body
reversible, three motor tabs, one motor tab connected to case
weight 3.2 lb

12 VDC - test data
2660 rpm CW at 3.6 A
2290 rpm CCW at 2.8 A
30 in.lbf CW stall torque at 80 A

24 VDC - test data
5630 rpm CW at 4.8 A
4630 rpm CCW at 3.8 A
36 in.lbf CW stall torque at 110 A

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

EVW CCW
4 inch DIA body
reversible, three motor tabs, one motor tab connected to case
weight 3.2 lb

12 VDC - test data
2300 rpm CW at 3.2 A
2690 rpm CCW at 4.1 A
25 in.lbf CW stall torque at 68 A

24 VDC - test data
4600 rpm CW at 4.4 A
5600 rpm CCW at 5.5 A
29 in.lbf CW stall torque at 106 A

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

EVW - data from Robot Marketplace
4 inch DIA body
reversible, three motor tabs, one motor tab connected to case
weight 3.2 lb

12 VDC - data from Robot Marketplace
2210 rpm CW at 2.6 A
43 in.lbf stall torque at 99 A

24 VDC - data from Robot Marketplace
4480 rpm CW at 2.6 A ???
87 in.lbf stall torque at 198 A

Joe Sommer, Anvilus Machine Works
2378 Nantucket Circle, State College, PA 16803
814.234.4773     anvilus9-at-adelphia.net
http://www.anvilus.com