From: paul needham <paul.2.needham-at-btconnect.com>
Subject: RE: New wheels for T030 [TANKS]
Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2005 20:15:46 +0000

Steve and all

For the road wheels on my Hetzer I gave them rubber tyres [ scrounged as
usual ! ].

If you go to any small tyre depot they have stacks of used car inner tubes
,I selected a couple that had a radius less than half the diameter of the
road wheel [ think about it ?].

I then cut these into rubber bands about twice the width of the road wheel
, these were then contact glued to the wheel and trimmed when dry.

It is also easy to add a second to get more tread thickness if needed.

Stops the rattle of wood on wood and is cheap and easy , and amazingly they
are quite hard wearing but easy to replace if the need arises.

Paul