From: "chris barthelson" <barthelson88-at-hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Steve Gusikoski, Petrol motors?
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 16:13:47 +1030

>g'day steve, and to all,
>I was cruzin throught the rc site and noticed that you'd put mufflers on
>you tank, and am >wondering if you where, "taking the piss" (joking) or is
>your tank really runing on petrol (gas) if so >I've got some questions for
>you and for those who wish to offer ideas, (yes I know that gas >motors are
>illegal in the hobby but so are marker in australia!). Firstly is it
>possible to have forward >and reverse with petrol motors, eg through gear
>box?

Yes I know that you can get gear boxes that have reverse. But I'd assume
they would set you back a fair bit

>second is there problems with rattle?

I have a nitro(gas) car and it seems fine. It doesn't rattle all that much.

>third would it be likley to have problems with over torque breaking plastic
>tracks?

If you hooked the motor straight to the tracks with gears it probally would
break tracks. But you could just add an additional drive stage using some
sort of belt on a 1/1 ratio.

>I'll send in some more question later, I'd like if a few people could give
>thier opinion. cheers to all, >from Andrew

            Chris, B

Sell your car for $9 on carpoint.com.au
http://server-au.imrworldwide.com/cgi-bin/b?cg=link&ci=ninemsn&tu=http://carpoint.ninemsn.com.au?refid=hotmail_tagline