From: David Macleod <David.Macleod-at-optus.com.au>
Subject: New Australian Jagdpanther
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2004 13:42:49 +1100

Hi all,

I have been watching your site for a while now and about 2 months ago I
thought to myself, bugger all this house renovating, I need to build a tank.
My wife rolled her eye's.
I've always had a soft spot for the Jagdpanther, so I scaled up a drawing to
1/6 scale and started to hunt for materials.
I used the Intralox MTW belting for the tracks as to me, this looks good and
allows the use of suspension.
I have made the chassis rails out of 40mm x 20mm aluminium channel and
suspension arms from 20mm x 10mm aluminium bar. The wheels are MDF milled in
the drill press and all moving bits run on oil impregnated bushings.
Front axles run in bearings (not yet in the pics) and I plan to use 18 or 24
volt drill motors for power (ala T010).
I am still trying to find the right sort of extension spring for the
suspension. Once I have these I will build the lower hull.  My plan here is
to use 2 or 3mm sheet alloy 200mm wide running the full length of the hull
with bends front and back, the bends being for the lower front of the hull
and the back for the whole back of the hull. I'll use another piece of alloy
bend to 90 degrees for each side and bit above the track (Mudguard?). All
these will be glued/pop riveted/screwed together.

I'll keep you up to date with progress but the pressures on to build a new
back veranda.

Oh, by the way I live in Canberra, Australia.

See the pics at http://dmac666.4t.com in the gallery

David MacLeod