From: "John Barager" <gogetta20-at-hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Turretless tanks?
Date: Wed, 06 Oct 2004 15:49:04 -0300

Actually, I made a decsion last night to do a 1:8 scale A7V Sturmpanzerwagen.
My plan being to crush the Mk.V(Is it still a star model?) in combat, just like the real A7V did in the first world war.
Besides, I'm obsessed with that tank, and it would be cool to have the Tiger's predecessor around.
Thanks for the offer though, I really appreciate it.
Also, if all works out well, I'll also make an Uberlandwagen for a supply vehicle, which is just an A7V with no armor or guns, and used for transporting.

John Barager wrote:

> Well, the FCM 2C fell through. I'm having logistical, financial, and
> transport problems that, quite frankly, I don't wanna deal with. So
> I'm scrapping the FCM 2C in favor of a smaller vehicle. And while I
> sit here digging through my information and images, I'm wondering what
> would be a good tank to build.

Jagdpanther?  -at- 1/6 ~40" long, 20" wide, 16"high.

http://www.onwar.com/tanks/germany/tfjagdpanther.htm

Lots of good reference material, and there's one at Aberdeen if you need
more pictures or measurements.

Any particular reason why you want to build a turret-less tank?

    - Steve  <-- will take pictures of the Jagdpanther if you promise to
never shoot at his tank

Send junk mail straight into your Recycle Bin with MSN Premium: Join now and get the first two months FREE*