From: "John Barager" <gogetta20-at-hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Tank Plans
Date: Wed, 06 Oct 2004 01:33:26 -0300

I'm just full of useful tank blueprints.

http://www.smcars.net/forum/files/is3.gif

I hope that helps. It's 4 view IS-3 blueprints.

----Original Message Follows---- From: Mike Butts <buttsakauf-at-earthlink.net> Reply-To: tanks-at-rctankcombat.com To: tanks-at-rctankcombat.com Subject: Re: Tank Plans Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2004 23:21:46 -0500 (GMT-05:00) Hey Guys, I would absolutely love to get my hands on IS-3 plans. It's just so... RUSSIAN!! I have the little line drawing from onwar.com but I would love to see real plans. If anyone has them or knows where I could get them I would appreciate it. Also does anyone have any advice concerning an IS-3. Is the turret too small/flat to be effective? It is a rather large tank in 1/6 scale about 5'6" long, 1'9" wide, and 1"4" tall. However in 1/8 scale it is about 4' long, 1'4" wide, and 1' tall. I think that it is pretty nice sized at 1/8 scale. A note: the turret is only 3.75" tall at 1/8 scale but very round and about 1'8" in diameter. Will the lack of height be a big problem? I would love to hear people's thoughts and opinions due to my inexperience with tank combat. Thanks!! Mike Butts P.S. Tim, is this cool stuff or what!! I too am a big gunner, but from the NTXBG. -----Original Message----- From: Steve Tyng <stevet-at-stcharlesmd.com> Sent: Oct 5, 2004 1:36 PM To: "tanks-at-rctankcombat.com" <tanks-at-rctankcombat.com> Subject: Tank Plans To all list members, Since I will be out of the tank building business for a while I thought I might pursue the tank "design" business in the interim. I'm thinking of developing plan sets for the more popular tanks. They would be for plywood construction and would include detailed cutting instructions and patterns. These would not be exact scale plans. The emphasis would be on easy robust construction incorporating lessons learned over the past two years of battling. Measurements in imperial and metric would be provided for both the three-foot-rule or 1:6 scale versions. I'd post them on the net free of charge but donations to help support my upcoming canal cruising habit would not be turned down! ;-) Besides the Tiger and Hetzer, what other tanks would people be interested in building? Steve "If you draw it they will build it" Tyng

Free yourself from those irritating pop-up ads with MSN Premium: Join now and get the first two months FREE*