From: Mike Butts <buttsakauf-at-earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: Tank Plans
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2004 23:21:46 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

Hey Guys,
I would absolutely love to get my hands on IS-3 plans. It's just so... RUSSIAN!! I
have the little line drawing from onwar.com but I would love to see real plans. If
anyone has them or knows where I could get them I would appreciate it. Also does
anyone have any advice concerning an IS-3. Is the turret too small/flat to be
effective? It is a rather large tank in 1/6 scale about 5'6" long, 1'9" wide, and
1"4" tall. However in 1/8 scale it is about 4' long, 1'4" wide, and 1' tall. I think
that it is pretty nice sized at 1/8 scale. A note: the turret is only 3.75" tall at
1/8 scale but very round and about 1'8" in diameter. Will the lack of height be a
big problem? I would love to hear people's thoughts and opinions due to my
inexperience with tank combat.
Thanks!!
Mike Butts
P.S. Tim, is this cool stuff or what!! I too am a big gunner, but from the NTXBG.