From: "John Barager" <gogetta20-at-hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Turretless tanks?
Date: Tue, 05 Oct 2004 23:10:01 -0300

Oh.. good.. Then in that case I can start the new tank right away. Well.. after I figure out how I'm going to build the chassis.

----Original Message Follows---- From: Frank Pittelli <frank-at-rctankcombat.com> Reply-To: tanks-at-rctankcombat.com To: tanks-at-rctankcombat.com Subject: Re: Turretless tanks? Date: Tue, 05 Oct 2004 21:32:22 -0400 John Barager wrote: > >So I want to know from the experts, how well does a turretless tank >fare on the battlefeild? > Yes. The Hetzer and SU-100 are both effective vehicles when fought properly. Basically, the lack of a turret forces you to face the enemy at all times, which is a very good thing. And, as long as you have good turning capabilities, the lack of a turret doesn't hinder your shooting ability at close ranges. Finally, a simple 10 or 20 degree pivot in both directions helps make long-range shooting more accurate, as shown in the SU-100. Elevation, on the other hand, is a critical capability. Without it, you will be severely restricting your shooting options. Frank P.

Powerful parental controls improve your peace of mind with MSN Premium: Join now and get the first two months FREE*