From: Steve Edwards <sedwards-at-awger.net>
Subject: Re: Introductions... and insanity
Date: Tue, 05 Oct 2004 10:17:48 -0400

Jim Neifert wrote:

> But will be a much nicer target to shoot at, verus the M5 sherman
> which is less than 36 inches at 1/6 scale.
> Good luck with it and post pictures as you go along please.

Well, I'm hoping that the low profile (20" for a 1/4 scale Jagdpanzer vs
16.5" for a 1/6 scale Sherman) will offset the difference in scale
somewhat.  And since frontal hits don't count and taking one up the rear
is embarassing at any scale, the only thing I'm really giving up is side
profile (and the side armor is sloped). Roof should be almost completely
flat, with just the aiming periscope (pinhole camera with a 90deg lens)
protruding.

In any event, I couldn't be any worse off than the guys building the WWI
tanks...

    - Steve