From: "Tim McCarty" <sunk99-at-msn.com>
Subject: New Member - Michigan
Date: Tue, 05 Oct 2004 04:09:43 +0000

Hi,
  I'm Tim McCarty - a new targe...uh...new mail list member in the
Metro-Detroit area.  Been into RC warship combat for years.  Never thought
I'd find RC tank combat that interesting as nothing sinks, but I must say,
looking at the models on this website I am quite impressed.  I think I might
give it a go - maybe a Bradley or MLRS.
   I hope to get others at work interested as well.  Many, many of our
employees build all sorts of combat models - just not the paintball shooting
versions.  They build anywhere from around 1:32 scale up to 1:1 scale. Hmmm
...bet I got cha wondering with that. ;)
   I work at the Army Tank-Automotive & Armaments Command (TACOM).  TACOM
has been around since WWII.  If it's U.S., has tracks, treads, or shoots,
then we design it, build it, buy it, stock it, supply it, support it, you
name it.
   Before anyone asks, no - I can't give out tech drawings to the general
public.  :)  Sorry.
   My current position - I watch over the Bradley & MLRS.
   Anyhow, l've read most of the archives and look forward to hearing more.
I do have a couple of questions:
   1)  Any reason speed isn't limited/scaled?
   2)  Anybody using slip rings for servo leads passing into the turret?
How constructed?

Take care,
TimMc
Warren, MI