From: William and Melissa Johns <gizmology-at-gizmology.net>
Subject: Operation Coxsackie Freedom Update
Date: Sat, 04 Sep 2004 12:44:35 -0400

Just a quick update on the impending Operation Coxsackie Freedom, Sept 11
and 12 in Coxsackie, New York.

- The field is mowed and ready to use.  There may still be hay on the
field, but I'm hoping the farmer gets it baled.  If not, it still shouldn't
be a problem, there's not all that much.

- The building where I'd hoped to hold this shindig is finally under
construction, but won't done.  We don't need it, but it would have been
nice to have.  While it won't be done, there is already enough that we can
get out of the sun.  Bring lawn chairs.

- A film crew from Inside R/C on the Outdoor Network is going to be there
Saturday.  I am going to contact some of the local papers as well, and I'll
be playing reporter for the paper Antiques-at-Coxsackie (produced by the
Antique Center).

DIRECTIONS:

If you're coming from the south, just find your way to the Thruway, aka
I-87, and head north.

If you're coming from the west, the Thruway between Buffalo and Albany is
Route I-90.  At Albany it the Thruway turns south and changes to Route
I-87.  Same road, different number.

If you're coming from the east (Massachusetts) I-90 gets off at exit B1 and
heads toward Buffalo.  Stay on the Thruway!  (This section does not have a
route number.)  You'll go over a big bridge over the Hudson River.  Stay in
the left lane and follow the signs for I-87 SOUTH and toward New York City.

Get off at exit 21B "Coxsackie" at about milepost 123 or so.  At the light
after the toll booths, turn left and go 3/4 mile, over a bridge.  Turn left
immediately past the bridge into the Coxsackie Antique Center.

MOTELS (two within a half-mile of the center):

RED CARPET INN
518-731-2722
Right at Thruway exit, about 100 feet on right.  $78 a night.  Recently
remodeled.

BEST WESTERN
518-731-8100
Left at Thruway exit, about 1/4 mile on left.  $110 a night.  Steve Tyng
tells me this place was panned pretty badly on TravelAdvisor.com.

CONTACT INFORMATION:

Me: 518-945-3178
Coxsackie Antique Center: 518-731-8888

I'll be at the Center from probably 10:00 am on Saturday.  I'll have my
Sherman and my unfinished Mk V on display, and my unfinished paintball
gun.  I'll do a demonstration metal-melting and casting session if anyone
is interested.

What else do you need to know?

Bill

--

If you are going to walk on thin ice, you may as well dance.