From: Frank Pittelli <frank-at-rctankcombat.com>
Subject: Re: Question from Denmark
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2004 09:51:56 -0400

Ole Friderichsen wrote:

> Dear Frank Pittelli
>
> As I have been reading the Emails on the RC-Combat site on a regular
> basis (seven times a week), and having great fun doing so, I sometimes
> would like to comment on some of issues raised. Obviously this is no
> problem when you are on "the list", but for the time being, it would be
> a little inconvenient for me to have my mailbox at the office filled
> with tankstuff, that could make unimaginative employees think that their
> boss was finally going over the edge.

Why should your employees think any differently than mine ;-)

> Why not just do it at home in the dragon's lair, you ask. Good
> question, but me and the dragon have promised each other not to have the
> house infested with PC's in order not to take work back home. It works
> fine for me, as I seem to be working more dedicated with my different
> hobbies.

Dragon!!  Please note, she may stumble onto the mailing list archive
herself ... perhaps while browsing the 'Net with her dragon-mates.  You
may want to use the terms "Better Half" or "Lovely Bride".

> Summa summarum: If I have a comment on something and I just cannot sit
> on my hands - could I then mail you or one of your conspirators to have
> the statement forwarded ?? Or is this club the OMCS kind ?? (Only
> Members Can Speak)

As it turns out, I can add you to the list as a "Submit Only" member,
which means that you can send messages to the list, but you won't
receive any messages from the list.  That mode was invented specifically
for people such as yourself who prefer to read the messages over the
Web, but you still want to participate.  I've added your address
accordingly, so you should be able to submit messages directly now.

> You are dealing with an inmature 50 year old (father of two). The proud
> owner of an electronic components shop (a Radio Shack "en miniature") ,
> history buff and long time wargamer (mostly Napoleonic and WW2). I have
> been into RC since 1970 driving, flying and sailing. Some men never grow up.
> I always have had a soft spot for tracked vehicles, but have never build
> one. Last year I came upon a german magazine called "Rad und Kette" and
> the old love flared up again. I thought of just buing a 1/16 Tamiya
> tank, but they are very expensive in these parts of the world. Then I
> saw some 1/6 metal monsters from Ukraine and UK at "the sky is the
> limit" prices. I decided that 1/6 was my size and began drawing up some
> ideas. Some parts came as far as the lathe and some alu got milled. Then
> i stumpled upon your site and BANG - the lights went on. This was just
> what I had been trying to do. My plastic tracks, spring suspension and
> screwdrivermotors used by different people all over your continent. My
> compliments gentlemen - you have shown me that it can be done. I might
> never come around to the paintball part, but I am going to finish my
> first tank.
>
> best regards
>
> Ole Friderichsen
>
> Copenhagen, Denmark

Glad to see that we have assisted you in your down-ward spiral to
modeling insanity ;-)

BTW:  We have other members in your area and you may hear from them as
they march towards the first battle in Europe ... coming soon to a field
near you.

        Frank P.