From: "erik kump" <ebkump-at-hotmail.com>
Subject: System Voltage
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 09:59:51 -0400

Pop quiz!

I have two different sets of drive motors that I could use to power T023.
Either will run fine on 12V. One set (EV Warriors) will run on 24V with a
subsequent boost to speed and power. The other will run on 18V and has
built-in fans. I bought some surplus Hawker gel-cells so I can supply 12 or
24V with no problem. However, I could keep the drive train more compact and
efficient (not to mention it will run cooler) if I used the 18V option. I
know I could use resistors to drop the voltage from 24 at the battery to 18
at the motor, but that would be inefficient at best. Is there another way to
drop the supply voltage to 18V without frittering away the excess current as
heat?

Erik "havent taken electronics class in years" Kump