From: William and Melissa Johns <gizmology-at-gizmology.net>
Subject: Re: re-draft the prototype rule ?
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 13:29:40 -0400

After thinking it over, it seems to me that a tank that made it to the
prototype, but not production, stage ought to be given some kind of
consideration.  Really, it only comes down to the shape of the model - in
one shape, it's a Panzer IV, in another shape the exact same hardware
(motor, tracks, gun, etc) is called a Comet, in yet another shape, the
exact same hardware is called a M-70 and not allowed.  If you close you're
eyes, you wouldn't be able to tell the various models apart, as they'd have
identical performance.  A tank that never made it into production wouldn't
have any advantage over one that did.

On the other hand, it does tend to open Pandora's box, doesn't it?  Gurps,
Mecha, Star Wars, things that walk, ad nauseam.  (Why, that would be almost
as weird as Tigers fighting alongside Comets, or WW I British Mk Vs versus
a Persian Gulf era M-1 Abrams.)

I'm not reaching any conclusions here, just saying the suggestion
definitely merits discussion.

Bill "I wanna build a Tzar Tank" Johns

(Tzar Tank: http://www.nemo.nu/ibisportal/5pansar/5sidor/tsartank1.htm )

--

"It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees." -- Mikhail
Bakunin