From: Joe Sommer <anvilus9-at-adelphia.net>
Subject: Re: Free Armor??? - bad news
Date: Tue, 08 Jun 2004 15:27:29 -0400

Kurt,

At 07:46 PM 6/7/2004 -0700, you wrote:
>  Any word on testing the sample I sent???

bad news

I taped the sample between two 2x4's with 4.5 inch
gap between them using duct tape to emulate taping
armor over a skeletal frame.

The first shot from 10 feet range penetrated intact
without even splattering.  I can send you the sample
if you wish.

I also found some 5mm Coroplast.  Paint balls splattered
on it and caused minor cracking that allowed paint to penetrate
slightly but much less than the 4mm Coroplast.

I believe that 6mm or thicker Coroplast (similar to totes
used by the U.S. Postal Service) may work.

Can anyone on the list send me a sample of
6mm or thicker Coroplast?  A 7 or 8 inch square
will suffice.

Thanks,
Joe

Joe Sommer
2378 Nantucket Circle, State College, PA 16803
814.234.4773     anvilus9-at-adelphia.net
http://www.anvilus.com