From: "Nick Hoke" <nhoke-at-nksd.wednet.edu>
Subject: we hold these truths to be self evident
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2004 09:49:26 -0700

Hi guys,

I've had a little fun here making a list of self-evident truths that
would be helpful to share with current and future newcomers
to the sport. Since I'm pretty new myself, I'm sure battle-scarred
veterans can fix this list and add a lot to it:

RC tanks are cool.
Yes, you should build one.
Your spouse will probably never fully agree.
Therefore your tank project will probably always be underfunded.
Your tank project will go over budget the first time you ruin a part
    that you were sure would work fine but actually didn't, necessitating
    an upgrade to a better part that you should have just used in the first
place.
Note the "first time" reference there. Prepare yourself now for
    the fact that your shop will eventually be littered with
    rejected parts and pieces, some of them painfully expensive.
Your tank project is destined to fall behind schedule.
However much you think it will cost to build it, um, think again.
That part you spent hours correctly installing will indeed have
    to be ripped out and replaced with something better
    sooner or later, sorry.
But don't let any of this stop you.