From: "Werner, Paul" <WernerP-at-aetna.com>
Subject: RE: Hull construction materials
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2004 12:35:37 -0400

The Ferdinand/Elefant was a heavy tank destroyer used for the first time
in WW2 on the Eastern Front, I think in the battle of Kursk. They were
very effective at killing tanks but had no protection against infantry
attacks. After this battle, the surviving tanks were refitted with
machine guns and sent to Italy.