From: "Nick Hoke" <nhoke-at-nksd.wednet.edu>
Subject: RE: Hull construction materials
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2004 08:03:44 -0700

Nick's 52" long SWAMPCAT is 1/2" plywood.

I found success with a cheap electric shear hand cutter (although it hasn't
cut my hand yet)
and I'm happily making metal shavings in the garage every chance I get. The
rivets were
causing too much effort and substandard results so I settled for screwing
the metal armour
sheets, cut to fit, onto the plywood. The whole thing is going to use
probably at least
600 screws. Half of it is sheathed in nice shiny metal now, as soon as it
looks
presentable I'll send a pic.

The Elefant Project sounds very intriguing, is this the WWI tank?

Nick