From: Joe Sommer <anvilus9-at-adelphia.net>
Subject: Re: Future tankers from New Joizy #1
Date: Wed, 05 May 2004 15:23:10 -0400

Paul,

At 01:58 PM 5/5/2004 -0400, "Werner, Paul" <WernerP-at-aetna.com> wrote:
>Their recommendation is that since FTFNJ will need Anvilus controllers
>and other technical information to get the Elefant operational, we
>should say nice things about them.

Anvilus will sell to anyone.  Our controllers contain
electromagnets that attract special paint balls fired
by Hetzer #T010.

>Gears, sprockets, mechanical - Any other sources than robotcombat.com
>also? I'm looking to generally replicate the transmissions of T002 or
>T005. Haven't been able to find 10 or 30 tooth spockets to fit the 8mm
>shaft of the EV Warrior. Your comments are appreciated.

McMaster-Carr     www.mcmaster.com
MSC     http://www.mscdirect.com/

You will probably need to buy or make a bushing
for the EV Warriors.

>Batteries - Gel Cells? What is battle life expectancy for these, an
>entire day? If vehicle chassis height permits, would a garden tractor
>battery be an alternative or is this too heavy?

Most tankers use one 18 or 26 Ah gel cell battery per battle.
Battles usually last one hour.

Hetzer #T010 carries two 18 Ah batteries for better
performance at the end of battles.

>Radio control - Are any quick start guides for this
>available/recommended? This is new for me.

Think about buying a Traxxas TQ3 transmitter,
receiver and crystals from Ebay ($20 to $25) along
with some servos to learn R/C.  Later move up to
a 6 channel Futaba 6YG (Tower Hobbies LXVW08
for $150 at www.towerhobbies.com ).

I still use an old TQ3 to develop new systems before
I switch them over to my bigger radio.

>Anvilus motor controller - Would it make sense to use a second
>controller of this type for gun traverse on a SPG like an Elefant,
>adapting it 2 motors in an articulated mount?

Probably not.  Most tankers use a standard size steering servo
or a larger quarter-scale servo for gun elevation.  They use
DC motors for turret rotation.  You could probably use a second
servo for right/left traverse.

Hetzer #T010 has gun elevation but not gun traverse.  I aim the
gun right/left by steering the hull.

Currently, the only other SPG tank destroyers are Will Montgomery's
new SU-100 and Leif Goodson's mystery Hetzer.

Will ?  Leif ?  Your thoughts ?

Please be careful when you "smile and wave each time
the KH-12 goes over."  It might be a seagull and he might ...

Joe "PUFFy" Sommer

Joe Sommer
2378 Nantucket Circle, State College, PA 16803
814.234.4773     anvilus9-at-adelphia.net
http://www.anvilus.com