From: adt22-at-drexel.edu
Subject: Re: Future tankers from New Joizy #1
Date: Wed, 05 May 2004 15:08:29 -0400

Paul,

> With that over, I'd appreciate some info about mechanical sources.
>
> EV Warriors - Is robotcombat.com the only place to get EV Warriors? I
> haven't seen much elsewhere or on Ebay. Are they being discontinued?

They were discontinued which is why everyone had them on the cheap.
I just bought some more EV warriors on ebay $20 ea.  They were being sold as bicycle
motors on ebay.  The site is:
http://www.industrialliquidators.com/wesell/evwarrior.html
They also sold me two extra connectors for $5 each - robotcombat is out of these as
well.
They sell CW and robotcombat sells CCW so it might be a good idea to pair them up.

> Gears, sprockets, mechanical - Any other sources than robotcombat.com
> also? I'm looking to generally replicate the transmissions of T002 or
> T005. Haven't been able to find 10 or 30 tooth spockets to fit the 8mm
> shaft of the EV Warrior. Your comments are appreciated.

I've been looking for a solution for this as well.  Steve sent a link for a company
in England a while ago that had metric bored sprockets.  I didn't buy it because I
didnt know what chain to use with it.
Right now I'm thinking of getting nylon sprockets from McMaster and drilling with an
8mm bit.