From: Joe Sommer <anvilus9-at-adelphia.net>
Subject: Re: targeting lasers
Date: Tue, 04 May 2004 17:17:21 -0400

Rodolphe,

At 01:26 AM 4/28/2004 +0200, "Rodolphe" <r.gremeaux-at-noos.fr> wrote:
> > 3)  You must use a 1 to 3 degree inclination of the barrel above
> > the laser because paint balls drop as they fly down range.
> > This inclination varies with range.

I regret the delay in responding to you.  Our
weather has been too sunny to use lasers
for more testing.  I conducted my initial tests
on a dark dreary day during the winter.

>How far did you make your practise/testing shoot?
>Did you get one degree of inclination for close, two for medium and 3 for
>long range ?

approximately
1 degree at 20 yards
2 degrees at 30 yards
3 degrees at 40 yards

>If battlers are allowed to sit on the ground or even get lower, powerfull
>laser can burn eyes ?

Yes.  Laser pointers are not strong enough
to be seen on a sunny day.  (Take one
out and try it.)  I believe that a laser that
is bright enough could cause eye damage.

I plan to try more tests later this summer
with more powerful lasers.

Joe

Joe Sommer
2378 Nantucket Circle, State College, PA 16803
814.234.4773     anvilus9-at-adelphia.net
http://www.anvilus.com