From: William and Melissa Johns <gizmology-at-gizmology.net>
Subject: Re: New footage on my site
Date: Sat, 03 Apr 2004 14:55:27 -0500

Marc,
   Stomp rockets are fired by a kind of bellows attached to a short hose,
the end of which is rigid and over which the foam rocket is placed.  You
stomp on the bellows to shoot the rocket.

   Haven't really used my tank much over the winter.  I'm worried about the
effect of water on the wooden tracks!  As of last fall, however, it was
still going strong.  Broke a track once when I ran over ... well, I forget
what, but the very tip of the screw on the edge connector got caught and
bent the screw until it broke between the connector and the track
link.  Naturally, that broke the connector on the other side as well.  That
was the only track failure so far.
   The hull seems to be holding up well against the strain of the
motors.  Still quite rigid.  I'm sure using lots of screws helped!

Bill

--

"Lord give me chastity -- but not yet." - Saint Augustine (354-430)