From: "Marc en Wendy" <marcmethorst-at-zonnet.nl>
Subject: New footage on my site
Date: Sat, 3 Apr 2004 16:13:44 +0200

Fellow tank builders,

I proudly announce the succesfull test of the air cannon I am going to build in my tank.
The cannon system consists of a 12 V air compressor, a home made small stainless steel pressure vessel, a pressure switch, relay, solenoid valve and a foam grenade they sold at a local DIY shop, to shoot with a small hand pump (I replaced the handpump by the comressor!!).

You can see some videofootage of the test run at www.commandojurre.tk

Since the fine art of speaking Dutch will not apply to you all, here are some directions:
Click the tank-button at the homepage, then (at the bottom of the tank-page) you will find this sentence:

Klik hier om een videoverslag van de kanon-test te zien. Dit fragment bevat schokkende beelden.

Click on the underlined hier  to start the video.

The pressure switch is now set to 2 bar pressure, and already the grenade is shot over a distance of at least 50 metres. The pressure switch can handle up to 10 bar, but I am affraid the foam rocket will then shoot through brick walls.

The building of the toy tank is now in progress, I gathered some materials and started building the tracks. Photos will soon follow on my web site, I'll send an e-mail to inform you all about updates.

Marc

The Netherlands