From: "Aahz." <ErickKilmer-at-comcast.net>
Subject: RE: M4A3 Builders in need of InsPiration lol
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2004 09:38:43 -0800

>HI Aahz I work with steel and mig weld ,work with hydraulics scissor
lifts Id like to try tig
>out with scrap first till I get the hang of it its a practise makes
perfect thing as far as
>price on aluminium it depends on grade and gauge you plan on using

        My press brake will bend and shear up to 16 gauge so that's
where my choice is made but my welding skills are, in a word, abysmal.
Most of my Aluminum I get at scrap prices at the Boeing Surplus store
but they mostly have sheets and blocks, not tubes square or otherwise.
Since I don't have a welding rig or the ~500.00 to buy one right now I
guess renting is my main option. Heck, I'm even considering bolting the
whole thing together to avoid the welding for now, anything to make
progress.

Aahz.