From: Frank Pittelli <frank-at-rctankcombat.com>
Subject: Re: Bob Currie
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 23:11:08 -0500

Robert Currie wrote:
> Hi all  I have been a regular here for ages with no voice until now  I
> love to come home from work and sit down with a Timmy's coffee and check
> out all the updates and progress guy's have made on there tanks I have
> been gathering parts and drawing up plans for a M4A3 (75mm) Sherman so
> far and it seems to be keeping me out of trouble time and money seem to
> be my only setback  but I'm in no hurry since I plan to have a working
> dozer blade mounted on it for next years snow  Frank I like your  new
> dual EV warrior chain set up looks like it can withstand a battle or two
> but it seems like something is missing ? don't you need support between
> your two drive shafts?? or was that not in when photo was taken anyway
> very  nice set up Steve Gosikoski that is a sweet job on your tiger no
> turret yet but lots of fun just the same Lee Valley has aluminium lazy
> Susan bearings you may like to use when you start your turret I plan on
> going with a aluminium hull as well  Hi Rich I live in Whitby thats a
> hop skip and a jump from Berlington  thank's again Frank  RC TANK COMBAT
> IS WAY COOL

Robert, I've forwarded your message to "tanks-at-rctankcombat.com" which is
the mailing list address.  Any message sent to that address will be seen
by everyone.

Regarding the support between the Tiger's drive axle, there is no such
support.  Each axle is supported by two bearings mounted on the inside
and outside of the side of the hull.  I mounted everything that way
because it seemed easier when I first built everything, but now we
usually put a support in the middle as you expected, which puts less
strain on the hull walls.

It sounds like you and Rich live near by each other, which shuold
definitely help encourage both of you to get something built, so that
you can battle it out for top honors in Ontario!!

        Frank "The Northern Barbarians Are Getting Too Strong" Pittelli