From: Frank Pittelli <frank-at-rctankcombat.com>
Subject: Re: Aging Tiger
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2004 15:44:19 -0500

ray.schwartz-at-juno.com wrote:
> what  are the rectangluar thingys between the tranny and the drive shaft
> ,, look like something black between two red peices with wires going to
> them..

Unfortunately, Vern Dernberger's coverage of the story was more about
"the story" than the facts, so I'll be providing some additional photos
and facts about the new drive system (hopefully) tomorrow.

Those rectangular thingys are pairs of 2x2" muffin fans in a homemade
mounting bracket, used to keep air moving through the hull.  The EVs are
sturdy enough to work without them, but it doesn't hurt to keep them a
little cooler.  I'll post some closeups tomorrow.

        Frank P.