From: Jim Pate <jimpate-at-ktc.com>
Subject: Re: Springs
Date: Mon, 03 Nov 2003 14:48:33 -0600

At 11:25 11/04/2003 -0800, you wrote:
>With the current emphasis on adding suspension to
>tanks, I foresee a demand for springs and torsion
>bars. (fortunately I've had no visions of missing
>wrenches) I plan to use springs, and have a couple
>questions. First, how do I figure out how strong the
>springs need to be? How is the strength of springs
>rated? Second, does anyone know where to find the best
>deal on springs. They seem a bit expesive at the local
>hardware store, and I will 14 of them. It just seems
>like there should be a Springs-r-us.com with bargain
>prices.

You might try "Sterling instrument" stock drive products at
             <http://www.sdp-si.com/>
It is a interesting site. Gears,belts,springs,chains,friction
drives,.....shafts,bearings,couplings...and on and on and on.
It has enough  goodies to make most people on this mail group drool  while
they check it out.
Regards Jim Pate