From: "paul needham" <paul_needham60-at-hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: TTS track dimension help ?
Date: Tue, 09 Sep 2003 18:42:56 +0000

Hi all

Thanks for your help , just a couple of things I can't understand.
Steve said
The tread pieces are 5/16" thick

is that each i.e top and bottom or both when nailed up ?

When you cut the wood for the teeth make sure the grain is running top to bottom for maximum strength. Not side to side.

What do you mean by this [ I know it is important to get right but can't visualise it.

Been frightening myself to death cutting wheels on my 10" bench saw , A little like steves method but I start with squares and cut wheels ! bits flying every where.

Still hunting rubber bungee type material in the UK , couple of more leads to follow before I am begging someone to help me out !

regards paul

Stay connected whilst on the move. Now you can get Hotmail sent directly to your mobile phone. Click here for details.