From: William and Melissa Johns <gizmology-at-gizmology.net>
Subject: Re: Electric Motor
Date: Fri, 05 Sep 2003 19:45:36 -0400

Well, according to my EXTREMELY SUSPECT calculations, your motor is best
run at around 12,000 rpm, where it should draw around 13 amps.  Assuming
that the motor is 50% efficient, it should be generating around 0.05 ft-lbs
of torque and 0.10 horsepower.  If the motor is 75% efficient, it should be
generating 0.07 ft-lbs of torque and 0.15 horsepower.

You can tell how efficient a motor is by measuring the stall torque - the
higher the torque, the more efficient.  In your case, 0.23 ft-lbs works out
to about 50% efficient, and 0.35 to 75%.  (Efficiency is good not just for
battery life, but also HEAT - potentially enough to let the smoke out.)

I hope this helps.  (I also hope it's right!)

Bill

--

"Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names" -- John F. Kennedy