From: Joe Sommer <anvilus9-at-adelphia.net>
Subject: RE: Greetings.
Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2003 08:52:31 -0400

At 08:23 AM 9/4/2003 -0400, "erik kump" <ebkump-at-hotmail.com> wrote:
>I've never shopped for aluminum at Lowe's before, but the stuff they have
>at Home Depot is garbage. Not all aluminum is the same and the stuff they
>have is not very strong at all. Depending on your budget, I would advise
>you to use a good grade of Al alloy. 6061 is a good one. It is common
>(meaning not the most expensive one), much stronger, and it welds very
>well. If you like, I can post the URLs to a couple of surplus metal
>websites with pretty reasonable prices. I'd post them now, but I'm not at
>my computer, and their names elude me at the moment.

I highly recommend   www.onlinemetals.com
They have a great selection, low prices, quick
turnaround and they are in Seattle.  They have
a will-call/pickup link at the bottom of the page
listed above.

Joe

Joe Sommer
2378 Nantucket Circle, State College, PA 16803
814.234.4773     anvilus9-at-adelphia.net
http://users.adelphia.net/~anvilus9/