From: "Aahz." <erickkilmer-at-comcast.net>
Subject: RE: Greetings.
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2003 21:45:03 -0700

> Aahz,
> welcome to the list.
> No, I don't think you broke it.

        Phew, I was worried ;)

> we are a sparatic group, sometimes a lot of reading sometimes not.
> I am currently under re-construction, so i don't have a lot to comment on
> other than, build it tough, I like the aluminum hull that I have built but
> have also decided that my next tank would be built out of metal, for both
> cost and easy welding reasons, but if you're handy with aluminum it's
> definately a much lighter product.

        That's what I was hoping. I have a relative that works at Lowes
hardware who can get me a slight discount on the stuff.

> I have taken the advice of a few and
> decided that wheelchair motors are probably the most reliable system for a
> tank the weight of my tiger, and am currently on the hunt.

        I just have to figure out how big the hull will be then I'll be
looking at motor size vs. power.

> I will definately keep you posted.
> If I could only finish the garage renovations the tank would be further
> along.

        If I could sell the old Pontiac in the garage I would be too.

> As my buddy Garnet recently noted,
> It's tank building season in Canada,
> I'm in Calgary, which is not too far from seattle, but far enough.

        You're the closest so far.

> Anyway, the rank of T021 is yet to be filled, I hope to see some pic's
> sooner than later.

        I hope so too.

> Have fun.
> Steve T014