From: Grauwolf <grauwulf-at-yahoo.com>
Subject: Too Much Information?
Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2003 08:42:45 -0700 (PDT)

Greetings All,

  Okay, maybe I'm just a little to much old school military, but "back
in the day" you made a point of never revealing ANY information that
may someday come back to bite you on the backside. Not speeds, weapons,
armor, the present operating conditions of the ship, etc. We were
instilled with pat lines such as, "I can neither confirm nor deny the
presence aboard of, nor the capability of this vessel to deploy any
form of nuclear weapon." Among others. (In fact I think that one was
suppose to make the folks down in Australia feel better about our ship,
but they still never let us dock at Perth. Go figure. --LOL)
  Anyway, the other day I was bouncing around the net looking for some
basic photos and/or information regarding some of the LAV variations
our forces employ when I came up with a rather interesting site. At the
time, all I could think of was, "WOW, this is great!" Yet the more I
looked at things, the more uncomfortable I started to get. That "Old
School" thing was kicking in. This site has got a lot of very detailed
information on just about everything that has to do with our equipment
and the equipment of other countries around the world. Among a host of
other topics.
  Yeah, I know, "Freedom of Information" and all that, but it just
seemed to me to be more information than should be readily available to
"anyone" who could gain access to the internet.
  Okay, so I figured that maybe this was "Safe Stuff". Outdated/not
entirely as accurate as it might at first appear/and so on, and of
course I'm just being overly paranoid. But,.... I don't know. What do
you all think?

Federation of American Scientists
http://www.fas.org/index.html

Dan
(Paranoia is only living in a very heightened state of awareness. Just
because you're paranoid doesn't mean that they ain't out to get ya.)