[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
well my spocket blocks finally got finished ,i used two set screws 90 deg
apart on the drive sprocket blocks that seems to work well so far .
i am using ta1 feild phone wire to run it until i get a speed
controller.. that stuff is not any good for just twisting the wire ,so im
off to buy connectors..
i had some problems with the v belt pulley on the drive shaft slipping
,im going to pull it off and file a flat spot on the shaft .
also had some trouble with trowing one v belt on the drive motor i think
that will be fixed by aligning the front pulley better.
i put it on two 5 gallon buckets and ran it for 5 min with no load on the
tracks . then i ran it on the front porch
i tried it on the lawn and it wouldnt roll ,, but it rolls on the drive
way ( the grass is pretty tall the mowers in the repair shop ).. right
now im only using one 12 v 18 ah battery to run both motors ,when i get
back with the connectors im going to try it with both batteries ..
that beast is heavy ........
"they that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary
neither liberty nor safety"
benjamin franklin,historical review of pennsylvania ,1759
The best thing to hit the internet in years - Juno SpeedBand!
Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!
Only $14.95/ month - visit www.juno.com to sign up today!