From: "erik kump" <ebkump-at-hotmail.com>
Subject: Rules Question:
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 08:01:40 -0400

I'm not bringing this up to tinkle in anyone's coffee, but I'm confused. If
you check this link:
http://www.rctankcombat.com/archive/current/msg00004.html  you will see a
mailing from Frank Pittelli in which he mentions that the battlers were
standing about ten feet behind their tanks to aim better. Isn't this a
flagrant violation of the rules? Section IV, items 6 and 7 define the
conditions of a battler being on the field, and aiming isn't one of them.
They are even marked with the skull symbol to denote their safety
importance.
Now, before anyone gets mad at me, I would like to say that I think I would
actually prefer to be on the field with my tank during a battle. Better
control, better aim, better idea of the terrain around you. I play
paintball, so being shot doesn't concern me, that's what the masks are for
right? What I'm saying is that we change how we play to match the rules, or
we change the rules to match how we play.