From: Joe Sommer <anvilus9-at-adelphia.net>
Subject: Re: Kraack Attack 1 - Postponed
Date: Mon, 07 Jul 2003 17:20:08 -0400

Brian,

My repair parts for the Hetzer should arrive
tomorrow 7/8.  I can have her operational by 8/9
but not the AML armored car.

If you can convince Will Montgomery to stop at
your place for a B&B session on 8/9, I might
be able to drive out to Dayton for a one-on-one
demo battle.

Have you had any response from other builders
in Ohio, Indiana, Kentucky or Michigan?

Joe

At 09:53 AM 7/2/2003 -0400, you wrote:
>Hi Guys,
>
>I am officially postponing the first Ohio tank battle (which was coming up
>in August) due to a poor local (tri-state area) interest.  It is not fair
>to expect everyone to drive in from Maryland (where the largest cluster of
>operational tankers appear to be) for such a small turnout of
>opponents.  Also my tank, while actually making progress, will still
>likely not be finished by then.
>
>Frank suggested that it might be better to have the event this fall or
>next spring instead, and I think next spring is the best idea (early,
>while still cold) so that I have a chance to get my tank done, and then
>take that around to different places and try to entice people into the hobby.
>
>I apologize to those who have been looking forward to this event, and who
>may have scheduled their vacations already ...
>
>Now, I know there are several people on this list from Ohio, and other
>'nearby' locations, and I would suggest to them the following:  let's have
>a BB (Build and Bull) session on some saturday!  perhaps even that saturday ...
>
>This will help us get past any hurdles on our tanks, and we can all meet
>and get to know each other.  That will also give us a good idea of how
>many locals there are for future planning.
>
>So, speak up Ohio/Indiana/Kentucky people ...
>
>Brian

Joe Sommer
2378 Nantucket Circle, State College, PA 16803
814.234.4773     anvilus9-at-adelphia.net
http://users.adelphia.net/~anvilus9/