From: "Steve Tyng" <stevet-at-stcharlesmd.com>
Subject: RE: Getting rid of that wood grain
Date: 2 May 2003 11:18:00 +0800

What kind of wood grain?

For hardwood veneered plywood I use a coat or two of polyurethane sanded smooth
before I paint.  It's cheap and you can buy it by the gallon.  For projects that
don't get wet all the time it works great.  Softwood plywood is tougher.  I don't
use it were I want smooth finish.  Any finish you use on it, short of epoxy and a
layer of glass cloth, will eventually show the grain.

Steve