From: "Brian Kraack" <bkraack-at-siscom.net>
Subject: Re: Tank Plans
Date: Sun, 6 Apr 2003 10:01:45 -0400

that's my plan for next winter :)
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, April 04, 2003 11:34 PM

Same here. I got the 1:35 scale Tiger for $12 at Toys-r-us. Then measured and multiplied by 4.8.
Having a model to work from is better than a drawing, unless the drawing is in correct scale.

It may be hindsight now that we are into spring but you might want to look into getting a Mr. Heater. I have the 3 burner one and the only time I lit all 3 burners was when it was 5 degrees outside. That was to heat a 20x30 uninsulated garage. Anything smaller and the 1 burner unit will probably get you by for next winter.

Brian T.

http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/LLCategoryDisplayView?storeId=6970&langId=-1&catalogId=4006970&PHOTOS=on&TEST=Y&productId=629225&categoryId=155629

In a message bkraack-at-siscom.net writes:

What I did was go to toys-r-us and buy the 1:18 scale german tiger.  then I
took my measurements and angles off of it.  Now, I've made several mistakes
in my measuring/cutting, and since I started mine, many more people have
joined and started _much_ nicer looking tanks than mine.  I'm absorbing all
of that info for my _second_ tank ... but I'm still pretty happy about what
I have so far (T004).
Now that the weather is nicer, and I can work in my unheated garage, I'll be
starting work on her again soon!!!