From: Frank Pittelli <frank-at-pittelli.com>
Subject: Re: Fred Simms rides again
Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2003 09:35:25 -0500

Joe Sommer wrote:

> To the best of our knowledge, Simms' Armoured Quadricycle
> never saw combat.  (Would you ride that thing into battle?)
> Consequently, the Anvilus Quadricycle cannot receive
> official R/C Tank Combat recognition under Official Rule II
> Construction, section 1 which requires "... used in a military
> conflict anywhere and at anytime."
>
> However, to honor the first AFV, we respectfully request an
> HONORARY offensive/defensive rating of 20/1 for future special
> battles between prototype and/or historical AFVs.

The Executive Rules Committee has conferred on the matter and has
determined that the SAQ (Simms' Armoured Quadricycle) has a sufficient
historical foundation to be allowed to battle alongside other AFVs.
However, since the SAQ was only armed with a machine gun, any shots
fired by the SAQ will only count against un-armored vehicles, artillery
and infantry.

Upon receipt of proper documentation (photos and captions), the SAQ will
be designated as a Support Vehicle.

        Frank P.